Busy Me




Since the last time I posted here in 2017, my kids have grown up quite a bit. I have kept busy with arts, crafts, new business ventures, part time jobs, homeschooling, shuffling kids around, travel, growing old, aches and pains, self care, new friends, old friends, and so forth.

O bla di o bla da - life goes on. It's so true my friends. I don't know what's going to unfold next in my life, but it just keeps getting better and sometimes the same, but never worse - thankfully.

Since 2019, I started crocheting amigurumi and I have kept up with that. In 2020 I started selling my amigurumi at the Modern Farm and Artisan Co-op - even that place has gone through some changes. It started out a nonprofit but now it's a regular for profit business but still largely supports small businesses and makers like myself. I used to go in there twice a month to work my shift but now I don't have to anymore. They take a 25% cut from my sales and that pays the employees that work there instead.

It's a great way for me to stay creative and get a little something back for my time.

Also in 2019 I started the St George Gingerbread Parade. I guess after that summer hanging out with Chavah Le La Cheur, it was eye opening that I,too - could start a small business - event and keep it going. Chavah was instrumental in my personal growth. Seeing her organize the women's march and Little Homesteaders Society was just what I needed in my life to get out there and get connected with my community - give back and be involved.

Last August though, after making sure all the kids would be enrolled in public schools full time, I got a part time job baking sweets at Great Harvest. It's been a good thing for me to get out and work, earn some money to help pay for Christmastime, and to help pay for our future Summer travel plans. It's been nice to work with customers, help the small business grow in new ways and make new friends.

My goals for 2023:

big ones. I want to write and self publish a children's book.

I want to host several free children's programs once a month at the Downtown Farmers Market - painted kindness rocks, literacy and writing challenges, easy arts and crafts, and so forth.

That's all I can think of for now. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)