Jane by Design... cancelled!

So, I'm not really one of those people that watches a lot of TV. I don't even really like most of the programs on there. One of the biggest problems is - I watch a pilot and a few episodes and I think - this show is genius and then after one season, they've lost me... or I've lost interest.

Then along came Jane. I was totally hooked on this show. It's true that it was a bit soapy - and I couldn't stand India.... but I loved the chemistry between Billy and Jane and between Rita and Ben. I was watching it on Netflix and almost half way through the first season when I googled it for more info. and found out within days that ABC family would not be re-newing it for a second season. 

I was totally bummed. I still watched the entire first season, knowing that I would never see Billy and Jane kiss. I thought about writing a letter to the execs at ABC... and I thought about starting an online petition... although, if I do a quick search, I could probably already find one... but in the end, I've forgotten about it and just let it go.

After all, I'm not really a big TV person anyway. I really prefer movies because they tell a story much quicker. 

Anyway, did anyone else notice the names in Jane by Design? I heard a lot of familiar oldies but goodies.

Jane
Billy
Ben
Rita
Lulu
Harper
Zoe

The name that stands out most is Billy. Because my Dad is called Bill and when he was a boy - Grandma called him Billy. And I have always thought about using my Dad's name for one of my future sons - but more as a middle name... but since watching Billy and Jane on my TV screen - I've taken a real liking to the name Billy.

So I suggested to my husband that we use this name for our future son... and then Kailea, my oldest girl (6 years old) says to me... Bill! That means bum - pointing at her rear end. And it occurs to me, aah man,  I finally take a liking to this name but I could never use it because it means Ass in Dutch.

You see, that just really sucks!!

But that's okay, because I've got a list of fall back names over here and here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies