Pinterest July - What worked out and what didn't...

I had about 400 pins in my crafty stuff/crochet board so I've been doing some reorganizing. I just wish that I could have sub-folders within the same board because there is not a really good way to let your followers know to follow a new board when you go and change stuff around. 

I added about 5 or 6 new boards as follows: Crochet hats, Crochet afghans, Crochet - home decor, Crochet Techniques, Crochet Clothing, Crochet Bags - maybe there was one more... 

Well, it's the point that I've been pinning so many crochet projects and inspiration that it got to be so much that it needed a reorganization. 

I've been nesting... I have 6 weeks until my baby boy is born. 

Here are some projects that I pinned: 
Pretty as a Package by Connie Stults
I made this little hat 3 times - in three different sizes... maybe it was the type of yarn that I used, but all three hats were way off on the size. The 0-3 month size fit loosely on a 6 month baby. I made the small adult size first, for my daughter - and it was even way too big for my big head. Then I made the Toddler/Child size and it was too big for my toddler/child. I like the pattern, but some of the math needs to be reworked. Like instead of increasing it 10 stitches at a time, maybe 7 or 8 would make it fit better.

Chevron Baby Blanket by Lisa at Good Knits
This was a great pattern, very easy, no complications. I made almost an identical one for my future baby boy. It is nice because it matches with just about everything in his little crib - even matches the blue owl print of the small crib sheets.

Rick Rack Rainbow Baby Blanket from Red Heart Yarn
Even though I already made a wee little blanket for my boy, I just really liked this sweet picture and have plenty of yarn in my stash... so I am currently working up this one - perhaps as a gift for someone else expecting as well... no matter which colors you choose this works up nicely. I am using teal blue, minty light green, as well as yellow and baby blue. I'll post photo when it 's done.

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cream Pie
First let me just say: Yummy! I had been wanting to make this for a while, I waited until a friend who likes peanut butter visited - well worth the wait. I didn't use cream cheese in mine, I used Greek Yogurt with 10% fat... perhaps it's even better with cream cheese. It was not suitable for keeping at refrigeration temperature - it was much too wobbly for that. I had to keep mine in the freezer.

I did feel like it was too sweet. I would definitely cut back on the powdered sugar next time, like just completely omit it from the chocolate layer because the chocolate dessert syrup is plenty sweet enough.

I may even use the idea of this pie to just completely overhaul it and make an ice cream pie from it. Like for a super easy treat just beat some peanut butter into softened vanilla ice cream for the middle layer and then put softened chocolate ice cream on top and then just freeze it until ready to serve.

My husband wouldn't even try it. He asked me why I keep making American desserts?! Ha ha... well, I am American :)

Root Beer Float Fudge by Real Mom Kitchen
This was the other American treat Husband was referring to. It was really, really sweet. Reminded me a bit like Penuche fudge. Very sugary. It did taste like Root Beer though, and I liked the marshmallow topping. I shared it with some Root Beer lovers and they took to it kindly :)

Would I make it again? No. Too much sugar. I prefer the chocolate fudges - smooth and creamy when it comes to fudge. But it was nice to serve with my 4th of July BBQ - gotta do some things American around here... since I didn't have any fireworks.

~~~~~~~

That's it for this months Pinterest Post. My husband says I'm a crazy Pin Lady now, but I say, I'm just getting organized and I feel good about that. It's so easy to find recipes that I kept in old folders on the computer in the favorites here and there. I really like Pinterest - it's like having a favorites folder on Food Gawker, but now everything is in one place whether it's recipes or craft ideas, or just about anything under the sun you can think of. Just goes to show, if you are gonna post something online - include photos so people can Pin the post - because it doesn't work without a photo!

~~~~~~~

See my other Pinterest Posts:
Pinterest Crafty Ideas and Recipes that Rocked (June)
Best of Pinterest (May)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)