White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

I know a lot of people like cheesecake and to be honest, I was one of those few rare people who did not. I even have a best friend who use to work at the Cheesecake Factory in Baltimore, Maryland and she worked in the dessert section. So I had access to really good cheesecake but I never ate any. I think that is because there are two kinds of cheese cake. One kind of cheesecake is made with cream cheese and it tastes good. Then there is this other kind made with a different kind of cheese and it's more crumbly - less smooth and that is the kind I did not like.

So, in 2007, I was visiting the U.S. and we were there for my brother's birthday. He is one of those guys that doesn't want a traditional birthday cake. He got a Cheesecake Factory sampler from Costco Wholesale and everyone had a good time. Initially, I was not going to have any... but then someone mentioned the words: White Chocolate Raspberry... and I was like - I'll give that a try - that sounds really yummy. So Mark - who also - does not like cheese - we both shared that slice of White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake... and from that day on I was sold! (I might also mention - that when it comes to this recipe - Mark is sold, too!!)

So, when we got home from our trip to the U.S. I looked up a recipe for that cake - and I found one at allrecipes.com - it's been tried and tested by over 500 people - so you can be sure this one is definitely one of the best! I've made it a few times over the year since I got it. I don't make it often because it is pretty expensive to buy that much cream cheese and white chocolate and raspberries - but I've made it for some special occasions and people are really impressed with it.

I've read some helpful tips on how to get the cake to turn out without letting it crack or turn brown on top - allrecipes.com is a good place to look for that information. I think I remember reading that you should put a pan of water on the lower rack - because it needs moisture in the oven and that you should leave it in the oven to cool completely. I didn't do this the last time I made it - so it cracked and turned brown on top... so I took a pretty picture of it just before it went in the oven.



Anyways, I highly recommend this recipe to anyone that loves cheesecake - this is coming from someone that did not use to like cheesecake - so I think that says something - I think that says a lot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)