Loving my smoothies.


It's that time of year again when I like to make smoothies. I don't know if it's a time of year thing actually but I'm in the mood for them again. So, I've been making a few different favorite ones. The Aldi sells fruit for smoothies in their freezer section and the fruit is divided up in little sacks just enough for one smoothie at a time. I will list here my favorite combinations.


Strawberry-Banana Smoothie - oh yummy... to make this simply follow my instructions or be creative and come up with your own - strawberries and bananas are the perfect combo!


300ml low-fat vanilla yogurt

300ml Coolbest Strawberry Hill Juice

1 pkg fruit for smoothies (strawberry + banana)

1 banana


blend till smooth - serves 2-3


Strawberry Milk Shake - we make this usually for dinner when Dad comes home because he loves strawberry milk shakes.


300ml low-fat vanilla yogurt

300ml low-fat milk

1 pkg fruit for smoothies (strawberry + banana)

1 banana

optional: 2-3 tablespoon strawberry or grenadine syrup - makes it extra sweet

optional: a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream - makes it like restaurant style


blend till smooth - serves 2-4


Tropical Fruit Smoothie - a good alternative to strawberry-banana - and it tastes so good... especially good on a sunny day - but on a rainy day - like just about everyday I wake up - it sure cheers me up.


300ml low-fat vanilla yogurt

300ml Coolbest Mango Dream juice

1 pkg fruit for smoothies (mango, pineapple, papaya)

1 banana


blend till smooth - serves 2-3


My Kids really love to drink smoothies too and I feel like it's good for them. Sometimes I put any left over smoothie drink in the popsicle molds we have and then the kids can enjoy them later - like for an after school snack.

Comments

Mark said…
I like it when you make smoothies. They are yummy.
MelissaDaams said…
i like it when i make smoothies too - and milk shakes and ice cream... is it getting warm yet - i'm ready to get out the ice cream maker I think :D

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)

Belgian Day - Speculoos Hagel and Stoemp!