Coconut Curried Brussels Sprouts (Spruitjescurry)


If you've been following this blog - you know that I've got a thing for Brussels sprouts. We never ate them when I was a kid, probably because my Dad got it in his head that they are yucky. But he's totally wrong! And actually I think a lot of people got that idea in their heads... it's just not true. They are really good. I've tried them several ways and I like them everytime. This particular recipe was a new and different way to eat them... and guess what? They taste even better the next day!

Coconut Curried Brussels Sprouts served with Omelet Spirals
(Spruitjescurry met omeletreepjes)
source: SMAK school uigave 2010/2011

1 onion
1 clove garlic
600 grams Brussels sprouts
1/2 - 1 tablespoon mild green curry paste
1 tablespoon olive oil
200 ml coconut milk
100 ml water
6 eggs
50 ml milk
1 tablespoon margarine
soy sauce
lemon juice
coriander

Clean the vegetables. Finely chopped the onions and garlic. Cut the sprouts in half.
Fry the onion and garlic together with the curry paste in the oil till the paste is fragrant. Add in the sprouts and coconut milk and 100 ml water. Let this cook gently for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, gently beat the eggs together with the milk. Add salt and pepper to taste if you like. Fry in hot margarine 3-4 omelets. Roll the omelets and then cut into spiral strips.
Bring the curry to taste with soy sauce, lemon juice and coriander.
Serve over steamed rice together with the omelets sprirals.

Comments

Tine said…
I love Brussels Sprouts!
I always combine it with low-fat bacon. And after I cooked them, I try to roast the sprouts in a pan.
So so good!
MelissaDaams said…
That sounds really good... i love bacon, too.
Mickey said…
Ooops! I forgot, I am your newest follower .
mickey

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies