White Chocolate Blondie Cupcakes

Do you like brownies? Me, too. Do you like white chocolate? Me, too. I've had this cake in the original dark chocolate brownie form and in the white chocolate blondie form... and I liked it way better in white chocolate blondie form. Oh my gosh, it is so good... like fudge. White fudge from heaven!



I might even dare say - that's it's better than Death by Chocolate cake... it's Death by White Chocolate and by golly it's GOOD!

My good friend Cat likes to bake - lucky me. She baked me the original for my birthday - it had a chocolate ganache topping - very heavy cake - Punk Papa ate most of it. It was just so chocolatey, that I couldn't handle it... but the white chocolate - oh my - I couldn't stop.

So, if you are going to bake these in cake form or cupcakes - do share - or else - don't blame me if you gain 5 pounds ;)

Top any way you like. Cat made them for me topped with cocoa-frosting. She told me her recipe from memory (included below) - might just want to top them with Peanut butter marshmallow frosting or with this White chocolate cream cheese frosting.

White Chocolate Blondie Cupcakes
Adapted by Cat from AH Allerhande recipe Chocolade Brownietaart

200 grams butter
400 grams good quality white chocolate
4 eggs
200 grams caster sugar or light brown sugar
150 grams self-rising flour, sifted
200 grams pecans or walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 165-degrees C (325-degrees F)
Mix the eggs with the sugar.
Melt the chocolate together with the butter.
Mix the melted chocolate/butter with the eggs/sugar.
Add sifted flour and mix it around, don't use a mixer for this but do it slowly by hand.
Add nuts if you want to. Pour it in a prepared baking pan and bake it for about 100 minutes.

* Cupcake version. Do everything the same but pour them in small cupcakes and bake them for about 25/35 minutes.

Cat's cocoa-frosting: blend together 115 grams butter + 180 grams cream cheese. Mix in about 3 cups sifted powdered sugar + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract + about 50 grams Dutch-processed cocoa powder. Pipe it on thick.


This post is linked to:








Comments

MelissaDaams said…
Now that I've tried the Lotus Speculoos Hagel - I want to try those cupcakes again - sprinkled with this on top! yum ;)
Anonymous said…
Genius...absolutely genius!! These look amazing! Great recipe.
Yum! I'm such a fan of cupcakes right now.

I'd love to have you share this recipe on Sweet Tooth Fridays. I hope to see you there! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/02/03/chocolate-toffee/
Mickey said…
Love this! I really want to try this one.
mickey
http://monstermama-monstermama.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-give-away.html
Jessica said…
This looks amazing! I love anythin blondie.
MelissaDaams said…
@Alli, sure i'd love too.

and everyone else: Thanks :)
Unknown said…
hey everyone, I am the one who made these cupcakes! @ Melissa, I am making them this week again, I will also make a few with the specoloos hagel on top of it. I will try to bring them to your house so you can have some again and share!!
MelissaDaams said…
Ahh Cat, we should really wait for a special occasion - otherwise, i'll never lose weight. sigh.

it sounds very tempting though
Unknown said…
@ Melissa, are you sure you want to wait for a special occasion? Maybe with Aury;s birthday! HE would love to have some more of those cupcakes!
Lisa said…
That is seriously one delicious looking blondie. I love how dense and chewy it looks. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.
Anonymous said…
thanks for posting this.

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)