Creamy Hummus, Restaurant Style



Usually when I make hummus - I make this chickpea mash - which isn't really hummus because it omits the tahini paste. But it's fast and easy and I like it. Now, I've finally tried the real thing. And it is just as fast and easy as chickpea mash and maybe even better! And I learned the science behind how to make hummus the proper restaurant way... according to this recipe. The secret is to cream the tahini with lemon juice first. To make it into a milk consistency. The author of this recipe says that it taste good on it's own but I went further and added chickpeas, and lots of other extras as well. I put in about 2 teaspoons ground cumin, and all the garlic recommended in the original. This was delicious and a must add to my personal recipe archive!

Comments

Miriam said…
Hummus is the best! So many delicious uses for it! Great recipe :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)