Dinner tonight was very yummy.

We started with Carrot Bisque from VWAV, then we also had Dolmades (stuffed grape leaves) and we followed that with Grape-Lime Sorbet.







This is the Carrot Bisque (page 56) from Vegan with a Vengeance. The only thing I did different to the recipe was use plain soy milk in place of the coconut milk. I halved the recipe so I didn't feel like opening a can of coconut milk when I have soy milk to use up. I really liked it. Mark did not like it much. He thought it was too sweet. There is only a little bit of maple syrup in it. I suppose the sweetness comes naturally from the carrots. I liked it.

For some odd reason this photo is coming out sideways. It's not sideways when I view it in PSP so I have no idea why it's like this. But they were good. Mark thought they tasted like "wieners" of all things - I have no idea why. He says it's because the leaf is like the skin of wieners and that the taste inside was spicy. Got the recipe from threepotato.blogspot I believe.
This is a super easy recipe for the Grape-Lime Sorbet. I share it here with you.

Combine 1 cup of sugar with 2 cups water. Boil for 5 minutes. Take off heat. Mix in 1 cup white or red grape juice and the juice from 2 limes. When completely cool add to ice cream maker and continue from there. Or freeze in metal container and half way through freezing process - about 4 hours - take out and mix with blender or food processor. Then return to freezer and freeze until firm - about another 4 hours.

I'm sure you could use 1/2 cup sugar if you don't want it so sweet. I may do this next time.

Comments

Rachel said…
I love the food photos. Now when you tell me about your recipes, I can really get that mental picture.
MelissaDaams said…
i've been taking pictures of my food for years thinking that someday i'd put my own little recipe book together - but now i'm posting them here b/c i know the truth is the future goals don't always happen - just look how bad i am at scrapbooking. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)