Yummy Pumpkin Recipes

I tried several different pumpkin recipes recently. Here is my rundown on the recipes.

The first one I tried was the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cinnamon Icing from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World (page 126). These were delicious. I especially liked how they were not too dense or gummy like muffins sometimes are - and they were not too oily. They were just the perfect cake consistency like they should be. And they really really were delicious. I shall make them again soon. My husband Mark who does not like Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies - like the ones they sell at Smiths Food & Drug - he likes these cupcakes a lot. They are not too over powering with pumpkin flavor - that might be why. So, we give this recipe 2 thumbs up.


The next recipe came from vegweb.com - Pumpkin Chipolte Soup with corn and pine nuts. This was a spicy soup indeed. Almost too spicy. I liked the combination of corn and toasted pine nuts - but I would have preferred having it taste more "autumn like" with those traditional pumpkin pie spice flavors. So I may make this one again and just play around with the spices. So, in total we gave this soup 1 thumb up from Mark who loves spicy hot soup and 1 thumb sideways - because I will play around with the recipe before deciding again. (No Photo)

The next two recipes come from Vegan with a Vengeance. This morning I was pretty tired of having cereal so I went to this book to try another exciting breakfast. We went with the Pumpkin Waffles on page 40.


I halved the recipe so I had 1/2 can of pumpkin that went toward The Best Pumpkin Muffins on page 52. I loved the muffins. They had a real nice crispy-crumbled-like texture on top. And that classic soft muffin texture in the middle. The waffles were good but I'd much rather use my canned pumpkin on muffins and cupcakes than waffles. I will totally make the muffins again - but more than likely will not make the waffles again. Also I'm not a big waffle fan - I prefer pancakes. I will say that Kailea ate it up though and that is pleasant to see her finish her breakfast. So that's cool. Maybe if in the future I have pecans and fresh cranberries to throw in the mix - then I'll try them again... however, I believe I saw Pumpkin Pancakes in the Vcon cookbook so I may just go with pancakes over waffles. It's just a personal preference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)

Belgian Day - Speculoos Hagel and Stoemp!