Cupcakes Galore!

I was very busy this weekend making cupcakes for my friends. Friday night we had a few over for Institute class and our Halloween planning meeting... So one girl requested the coconut and Lime Cupcakes. I was happy to oblige. I probably wouldn't normally have chosen those ones - but I'm glad I made them because they were really yummy... and easy to make and I like that the twisted lime was so easy to do and made them so cute.


Saturday night we had a Talent show at the church and I never do performing arts - I prefer painting and baking. In the past I have shown some of my paintings, but this time I brought 48 little cupcakes. I made the Chocolate Cherry Creme Cupcakes, Banana Split Cupcakes and Oreo Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. Another awesome book from Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Romero. I was going to also make the Blueberry Lemon Tall Cakes - but I decided at the last minute to use strawberries instead of blueberries. This way I just scooped a little bit of jam into each cupcake, topped it with the lemon buttercream frosting and then with a quartered fresh strawberry. They all turned out so cute and lovely. I only tried two of them myself. The Oreo Cupcake (which wasn't really Vegan b/c I didn't buy special Vegan Oreo's) and I tried the Banana Split Cupcake. Both were really yummy. But many others told me that they were all delicious. My husband had the Cherry Cupcakes - he liked them best.

Now for photos - gawk at them and want some? Go to Amazon.com and get this awesome little cupcake book for yourself or a friend - I highly recommend it!




Comments

Dan Olsen said…
I salivated the entire time I read your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)

Belgian Day - Speculoos Hagel and Stoemp!