MASHED POTATO MIRACLE

I actually found this one on Allrecipes.com. It has become one of my all time favorites. It's good for helping rotate the potato flakes in my food storage as well. My husband doesn't mind the cream cheese in them either. I've also tried it with flavored cream cheeses as well - like the garden herb variety or garlic-paprika variety. Delicious!

Just a side note, the leftovers aren't very good so be sure to use it all up - half the recipe if you must. This also does not freeze well.

Ingredients:
3 cups water
1 teaspoon [sea] salt
5 tablespoons butter [or margarine]
2- 3/4 cups potato flakes
1 onion, minced
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (I've done it with one 150g package and that was sufficient)
1- 1/2 cups milk
1 (6 ounce) can French fried onions

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
2) In a medium saucepan bring water and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add butter or margarine and stir in potato flakes, onion and cream cheese. Stir in milk until potatoes are soft and fluffy. Spoon into a 9x12 inch casserole dish.
3) Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until heated through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now if I intend on going vegan I'll have to try this one with vegan cream cheese - but so far all the vegan cheeses I've tried have not satisfied; therefore, this recipe will be one of those recipes I bake on special occassions since I'm trying not to eat dairy and egg products all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)