Almond Orange Coconut Cupcakes


Got this recipe via vegweb.com - link really yummy and we went ahead and used the idea from Isa's book Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World by scooping out the middle of the cake, putting in frosting and strawberry preserves, topping them with a bit more "glue" frosting and a fresh strawberry on top. Nice presentation when sprinkled with sprinkles and they were very delicious. The frosting I made up myself. I wanted something that would compliment the cakes so I whipped together 4 Tbsp Halvarine* and 2 Tbsp margarine. Then I beat in about 1/2 cup powdered sugar. I then beat in 1 tsp orange extract, 1/2 tsp almond extract and 1/2 tsp coconut extract. Then I beat in another 1/2 cup powdered sugar till smooth. It's a very rich flavor and went awesome with the cupcakes.

*In a lot of recipes from Vegan Cupcakes... the frosting recipes call for vegan margarine or vegan shortening... I always use Halvarine in place of the shortening.

Comments

Unknown said…
Those are soooo good, really and really sweet.. Nice arms btw, wondering were the rest of the body is haha. He wait thats me, my arms.

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)