ZHD.

This is the diet plan that i've been following the last couple weeks. I'm doing it together with a friend and that makes it so helpful - to be accountable to someone besides yourself. This is the one where you eat very strict monday through friday and on the weekend you can relax a little - eat normal - a bit of ice cream and a slice of pizza if I want to.

Each day is a bit different in the plan. I've tried doing day 5 on Monday versus on Friday to see how I feel. So far I think it is better to do it in reverse. I like to mix things up a bit. Today I ate day 4 menu and I had a good idea for it - went really well. Typically on Day 4 I would consume for breakfast: 1 orange, 1 beschuit, 1 glass tea; lunch: 1 pickle, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 tomato, 1 beschuit; dinner: 1 apple, 2 tomatoes, 1 beschuit, 1 beef steak = 125g.

Here is what I do to make it interesting and achieveable for me! For breakfast I usually juice my orange or I switch it evenly with 2 mandarins. I can also have a volkoren biscuit in place of the bischuit which is basically a whole wheat cracker or something equally healthy. Then since I don't usually like to eat plain yogurt - I substitute with fat free no sugar added yogurt drink - since it's fat free instead of full fat I give myself two servings. So in between breakfast and lunch I get one serving yogurt drink. Then for lunch I have another serving yogurt drink, 1 pickle, 1 tomato or other raw vegetable such as cucumber, celery, carrot or a variety equal to about 100g and a glass of water. Don't eat that second beschuit just yet - I save it for later. In between lunch and dinner I allow myself a tall glass of tea (no sugar added, no milk or cream) artificial sweetners are okay. This is where it got interesting today - Dinner: Chinese tomato soup and teriyaki veggie burger. It was delicous and so filling.

This is how I did it. Take one apple, peel and chop. Put in small soup pan. Add 1 cup water. Boil until tender. Add almost 2 tomatoes or 100ml tomato sauce. Add desired spices - I use a whole bunch - but since it's just enough for one serving use less than a pinch - like a smidgen of cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin, garam masala, ginger, and a pinky size amount of sambal or chili powder to taste. I also used 1/2 a bouillon cube and 1 tsp soy sauce. Heat through then with immersion blender mix until smooth. Pour back into pan and add thinly sliced celery, celery leaves or snipped green onion. This is delicous soup and a great way to eat this meal...

Next, in place of lunch and dinner beschuit - use one kaiser roll - grill veggie burger or if you prefer hamburger patty then drizzle with teriyaki sauce. Place on warmed bun with a little tomato, lettuce and pineapple tidbits. There you have it.

And here it is 3 hours later and I'm still full. It is possible to enjoy my meals even on this strict diet - just gotta be a little creative that's all :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)