White "chicken" Chili and Sweet Corn Bread

While browsing through my facebook feed I found a friend that commented on some recipes from a friend. I asked her so nicely if she could pass them onto me, too. Here are two of the recipes I made. One uses chicken but I used a soy-meat replacer and a few other changes - see below in red. Nevertheless - it was delicious - awesome chili and I loved every bite. I paired it with the corn bread. I was told that the chili has even won a chili cook-off... and I'm not surprised because it is so creamy and yummy in the tummy :)
I will also add that Ella - my little 18 month old loved the beaniness of the chili - she's such a good eater - hooray!



WHITE CHICKEN CHILI



from Megan Marriott

1 lb chicken breast (cut in 1/2 inch cubes)
[soy-meat replacer for us vegetarians]
1 med. Onion
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1Tbsp. veg. oil 

2 can white beans(rinsed and drained) (next time I make it I will put 3 cans in...just depends on how beany you want it)

1 can chicken broth
[400 ml water plus 2 vegetable bouillon cubes]
4 oz. can chopped green chili's 
[1 green bell pepper, finely diced... cooked together with onions]
1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. ground cumin

1 tsp. dried oregano

1/2 tsp. pepper
[white pepper]
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream

1/2 cup whipping cream



Saute chicken, onion, garlic powder in oil [onion, bell pepper, garlic and soy-meat replacer]. Add beans, broth, chili's and seasonings. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. 






SWEET CORN BREAD
From Dana Suman Willard

1/2 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 cups flour

1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt


1/4 cup oil

1 egg

1 cup milk



Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until mixture is combined (you don't want to over-stir).

Pour into a greased 8x8 square pan and bake at 350 for 22-25 min.

Comments

Just printed this off and am going to make it for dinner tonight...I'll let you know how it goes for us.

P.S. have you had that baby yet ;)
MelissaDaams said…
Hi Audree... I think you are gonna love that chili... i want to make it again too... it's soo creamy and delicious :)

p.s. no baby yet :(
Anonymous said…
Hello

Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)