Raspberry Trifle

Easy to make and delicious too. It makes a lot though - so this is a good dessert to take to a party or potluck. I had seen different recipe variations on several sites but the one that I used I got from a friend - when I tried hers at a party and it was delicious. It was actually a birthday party and everyone was asked to bring a favorite dessert - exception - no chocolate. It's actually nice to be invited to a party like that because usually there is always chocolate at such places and this gave us the opportunity to try something different.

The recipes is easy - it goes like this. In a bowl break up pound cake and put on bottom layer. I used eierenkoekjes (egg cookies) which are much lower in fat.


 In another bowl, combine 2 boxes frozen raspberries together with 1 1/2 jars raspberry jam and 1 package of raspberry jello (optional). I use strawberry jello because I didn't have raspberry. I'm told the jello helps hold it together better.


Then put this raspberry mixture as the second layer over the torn cake pieces.


Last, pour vanilla pudding over top.


I use Optimel vanilla vla - it's fat free and sugar free... so even though the raspberry jam is loaded with sugar - this dessert can be as fattening and sugary as you like - or you can easily make changes like I did. Then let it chill several hours before serving. You can also top with whipped cream and some extra raspberry mixture for presentation.



The only thing I would have done differently in the end... was a buy a really pretty serving bowl to put it in... one of those nice clear crystal bowls with a pedastal.

Comments

Catharina said…
Looks delicious. I was soo stuffed they other night so I will have to take a piece some day!!

Popular posts from this blog

The cook book for your toddler - Het kookboek voor je peuter

The BEST REAL Peanut Butter Cookies

Baby Name: Kenobi (boy)